Event management students get a behind the scenes look at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
As part of their training program, participants of our Melbourne Executive Certificate in Event Management (Business and Public Events) went behind the scenes at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
In the process of doing so they learnt about:
- the venue’s sustainability practices;
- event layout/design options; and
- the various types of events the facility can host.
They also had the opportunity to explore the venues recently opened extension.
About our Melbourne Event Training Courses
This four-day Executive Certificate in Event Management Course (Business and Public Events) held in Melbourne is based on an extensive survey of event industry professionals. The program is specifically designed to both enhance the skill and knowledge base of those already employed to plan and deliver events and to serve as a sound platform for those people seeking to launch careers in the exciting and varied field of event management.
The number and type of events conducted in Australia has grown exponentially over the past decade. This growth has resulted from governments seeking to leverage events for economic purposes, along with an expanded recognition of the role events play in areas such as marketing communications, information sharing, organisational learning and community development. As the number of events have grown, so too has the need for trained professionals capable of planning and delivering events of various types including conferences, product launches, exhibitions, sporting events, parades and networking and social events. This program contributes to meeting this need by providing a grounding in the key skills and knowledge required to successfully project manage the full spectrum of events.
Who are our Melbourne event management course designed for?
This event training program is specifically designed to both enhance the skill and knowledge base of those already employed to plan and deliver events, and to serve as a sound platform for people seeking to launch careers in the exciting and varied field of event management.
- Corporate in-house event organisers
- Special event coordinators/managers
- Conference/meeting planners
- Charity event organisers
- Festival planners
- Parade directors
- Exhibition organisers
- Wedding planners
- Government event planners/coordinators
- Educational institution event managers
- Sport event managers
- Hotel / resort / cruise ship event coordinators
Melbourne event management course syllabus
In four days of practical training delivered by industry experts, you will cover the event management life cycle from concept development through to planning, implementation, shutdown and evaluation. Specifically, the
program will address:
- Understanding the event context – legal, organisational, technological, social and environmental issues
- Responding to event briefs
- Establishing event goals and objectives
- Creating the event concept
- Event programming
- Theming, performance and staging
- Project managing events
- Scheduling tools and the event manual
- Event management technologies
- Venue/site selection, design and layout
- Human resource management for events
- Planning and delivering environmentally sustainable events
- Event marketing
- Risk management
- Event monitoring and control practices
- Event shutdown processes
- Evaluation and knowledge management
- Case studies
About Event Training Australia
20+ years experience in event management courses.
Event Training Australia (ETA) has its origins in the recently closed Australian Event Award-winning Australian Centre for Event Management (ACEM), University of Technology, Sydney.
ETA was established to continue, and build upon, ACEM’s event training and education legacy. As such, ETA draws on over 20 years of experience in the development of innovative practice-based education and training programs in the event management field. These programs span one-day workshops to Masters level university courses. ETA’s understanding of ‘best practice’ event management is further reflected in its founder’s (Dr Rob Harris) co-authoring of the widely used texts and handbooks – Festival and Special Event Management, Event Management and the Regional Event Management Handbook.
Call : 0409 409 637