Event Training Australia (ETA) has its origins in the recently closed Australian Event Award winning Australian Centre for Event Management (ACEM), University of Technology, Sydney. ETA was established to continue, and build upon, ACEM’s event training and education legacy. As such, ETA draws on over 20 years of experience in the development of innovative practice-based education and training programs in the event management field. These programs span one-day workshops to Masters level university courses. ETA’s understanding of ‘best practice’ event management is further reflected in its founder’s (Dr Rob Harris) co-authoring of the widely used texts and handbooks – Festival and Special Event Management, Event Management and the Regional Event Management Handbook.
Event Training Australia’s courses are specifically intended for individuals that:
- need to build event management skills and knowledge quickly because of their expanded work role;
- seek to develop careers in the event management field, but currently lack the skills/knowledge to do so; or
- Are currently employed in an event coordinator or event manager role and wish to ensure they are employing industry best practice.
Event Training Australia’s short courses in event management are unique in that they are:
- designed and delivered by Australian Event Award-winning presenters;
- taught by authors, and contributors to, the major texts (Event Management and Festival and Special Event Management) in the field;
- draw on over 20 years of experience in event management education, with its presenters having designed and delivered programs in every Australian state, as well as in a number of overseas locations, including London, Edinburgh, Beijing, Singapore, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Taipei and Auckland; and
- process and systems based to ensure an appreciation of the linkages between the various tasks associated with event project management.
Upcoming Event Management Courses
Testimonials from past participants in courses delivered by ETA presenters
The experiences shared by the speakers were fantastic! They have so much passion for what they do and made everyone in the class feel inspired. Good resources, many case studies, interesting/engaging instruction and lectures, great examples (photos/videos/samples).
I have taken away with me a better understanding of the events industry and all of the components that go with this busy, exciting and very rewarding industry. I have more confidence in myself and my ability to deliver an amazing event!
This course has filled in the knowledge gaps I had within the events area and in turn made me more effective and structured in how I approach my event planning and execution.
The program’s been of enormous value; even having years of experience. I’ve really appreciated that opportunity to meet with some of the leaders in the industry who are really inspiring, and I’m looking forward to going away and putting into practice some of what I’ve actually had the opportunity to learn.
I really appreciated how qualified everyone was that was lecturing, and just their anecdotal experience, also how it covered such a range of issues from catering to staging to design to the shut-down process and post-production, and so I felt like I gleaned just an amazing amount of wisdom in a really short period of time.
Note: All photos are from programs delivered by ETA presenters for the recently closed Australian Centre for Event Management, University of Technology, Sydney.